From small product teams to multi–billion dollar programs, SmithOps has the experience, products and staff to augment your existing in-house project management functions or provide these as a turn–key/contract service.
SmithOps takes the traditional, generic concept of project management to a new, more effective level, which we call Progress Management™. Progress Management™ is the continuous process of tracking your team’s performance, comparing it to the predicted performance, and then making informed decisions, or course corrections, to achieve the project objectives.
Most projects are seen in terms of PLAN, EXECUTE, and FINISH. Simply put, you plan your work, and then work your plan. Unfortunately it never really works out that way. Things change, usually on day one of your project. A solid plan to kick off your project is not the real asset that you might think.
The real asset is the thinking process that went into creating the plan. It becomes the foundation of a solid management process, one that addresses change in an agile, pro–active fashion. This process is shown by our Progress Management™ components of TRACK, ASSESS, and ADJUST.
While we find that our clients have excellent decision making skills to make ADJUSTments, they often lack the process and tools to provide the information they need most when they need it. That’s where SmithOps can help. Our service, products and processes to TRACK and ASSESS give project teams and managers the right information they need, when they need it, to make informed decisions in a timely fashion. Then our clients have what they need to identify and mitigate small problems...before they become big ones.
SmithOps offers a broad base of Progress Management™ services for your project and program including:
- Multi-badge Team Management and Coordination
- Strategies for Project/Program Situational Awareness, Enfranchisement, and Boundary Control
- Progress Management™ Processes for Schedule, Budget, and Scope
- Metrics Development for Progress Tracking
- Agile Project Schedule Development and Maintenance
- MS Project and Primavera Schedule Maintenance
- Independent Project Reviews and Assessments
- Change Process Management
- Project Planning and Strategy
- Six Week Project Reviews
- Procurement Strategy and Management
- Project Management Training through Presentations, Seminars, Conferences, and Workshops
- Communication Strategies for Team Members and Stakeholders
- Professional Development for Current and Emerging Leaders
- Information Technology Management
- Risk Management
These services are enhanced by a suite of web–based collaborative products developed by SmithOps to help our clients make their projects easier to manage and less cumbersome to execute. Through a focus on the Progress Management™ methodology, SmithOps provides the mechanism for helping our clients track and assess projects real–time which reduces cost by avoiding problems before they occur. Our goal is to create project efficiencies, increase project success factors, and decrease expenses for our clients.